Cooler weather brings more than increased heating bills, it also ushers in the sales, so get a jump on the holidays with an antique gifts sale and an exercise special sure to counteract the gluttonous traditions that lie ahead.
Stay active outdoors with either half-off admission to a local outdoor ice skating rink or to a nearby wildlife park, where one can stroll the grounds while viewing animals in a more intimate setting than a traditional zoo.
Or get into the spirit of giving early this year and help out homeless animals of the canine variety with a deal benefiting man’s best friend.
1. THE DAILEY METHOD, Calabasas
- Deal: Get half-off on exercise and pay $22 for two classes or $50 for one month of unlimited classes, with this online deal. Providing a mix of barre work, stretching, core conditioning and orthopedic exercise in a one hour session, the also offers teacher and student discounts, and a new mom special complete with on-site childcare.
- Good through: Limited time only.
2. THE LAKES, Thousand Oaks
- Deal: Get 50 percent off admission and skate rentals to the ice rink at the Lakes with a daily deal offered by ConejoDeals.com, which will donate a portion of each purchase to a local school. Check out the site Monday for the deal; the ice skating rink opens the next day.
- Good through: only Nov. 14, 2011, certificate's good for several weeks.
3. BUBBA’S ANTIQUES & MERCANTILE, Westlake Village
- Deal: Save up to 30 percent on vintage chandeliers, dining furniture, lighting, gifts and other antiques in the shop’s pre-holiday red tag sale.
- Good through: Nov. 20, 2011.
4. WILDLIFE LEARNING CENTER, Sylmar
- Deal: Get half-off admission with an online deal and pay $6 for two tickets to the wildlife park, which is located only 20 miles from Calabasas and features more than 70 species of animals.
- Good through: 5 a.m. on Sunday.
5. A DOG’S LIFE RESCUE, Los Angeles
- Deal: This online deal offered by Groupon gives the buyer the gift of giving; donate $12 to go toward sheltering homeless dogs awaiting adoption at the no-kill facility.
- Good through: 10 p.m. on Thursday.