In response to the many who have asked:
1. Why did G-d permit the Newtown massacre?
2. Why does G-d allow people to inflict suffering on others?
3. Why doesn’t G-d stop human suffering once and for all?
Here are the only correct answers:
1. I don’t know why G-d permitted the Newtown massacre.
2. I don’t know why G-d allows people to inflict suffering on others.
For whatever reason, G-d has only shared some personal information with us, and the answers to those (and other) questions were not included.
We must demand from G-d an end to pain, suffering, evil and tears of anguish. It’s enough. We don’t demand, or even want, explanations. (And certainly we don't make them up!) What are we going to do with explanations? Feel better about evil? We just want an end already! Gevald!
May G-d give strength to those grieving in Newtown. And may He give us all a permanent respite from suffering and injustice.