This week's heat wave is expected to last through this weekend, and local authorities are warning everyone to stay cool.
If you don't have air conditioning, don't worry. There are a host of cooling centers in Los Angeles County set up to help locals beat the heat.
To find cooling centers in nearby areas, call the 2-1-1 information line, or visit the county's Emergency Survival Program online.
Los Angeles County officials are also suggesting ways to avoid heat-related injuries including:
- Drink plenty of fluids even if you're not thirsty.
- Reduce physical activity.
- Avoid exposure to the sun between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. when the sun's rays are strongest.
- Wear lightweight, loose-fitting clothes.
- Set your air conditioning thermostat between 75 and 80 degrees.
- Use a sun screen with a sun protection factor, or SPF, of at least 15.
- Avoid hot, heavy meals.