events calendar.Here are 5 things you need to know today. If you have an event you'd like us to consider for Five Things, be sure to add it to the
1. Today will be sunny with a high of 96, according to the National Weather Service.
2. Stroll through King Gillette Ranch and learn about the site's history. Meet by fountain at 3:30 p.m.
3. Enjoy an authentic "Barn Dance" with fresh fruit and vegetables and a movie. The event takes place at Pierce College Farm Center, Victory and DeSoto in Woodland Hills, at 7 p.m.
4. Take in the comedy of Maz Jobrani at the Canyon Club. The show starts at 9 p.m. Click here for ticket information.
5. Sagebrush Cantina will be hosting a monthly Saturday afternoon “Jack It Up” Country BBQ featuring a BBQ buffet and drink specials, live country music, and line dancing. Kicking off the country extravaganza on August 24 at 1 p.m. is country radio’s favorite DJ, Shawn Parr of Go Country 105.